Friday, September 16, 2011

Poor Kitty

My wife had Mittens since she was a kitten.  Over the last 15yrs my wife has built this cat's tolerance to the point it can take pretty much anything.  That is everything except a 2 1/2yr old.   My daughters favorite thing is to torment Mittens.  I can't decide if she thinks the cat is a stuffed animal or some fun toy.  I think what she likes is the reactions she gets.  The cat likes to lay next to us when we sit on the couch.  I think because she knows she will randomly get pet but I also think recently out of safety.  Safety from Luna who loves to run up to the cat and scream in her face. ROOOOAAAAAAARRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a dinosaur!  The cat doesn't care and just tries to ignore her.  Mittens will not even look at her.   If the cat sits there long enough Luna will then strangle hug the cat until it meows or bites her.  Or she lays on the cat until it bites her or finds an opening and runs away.  The funniest part is Luna has the nerve to tell on the cat after it bites her.  Like the cat did something wrong.  We keep telling her to stop bugging the cat but she'll never learn.  I'm not sure if she likes the attention she gets from us or if she really finds annoying the cat entertaining.

The really strange part is if Luna called the cat or talks to it while it's on the stairs the cat stays there.  Knowing full well nothing good is in store.  The cat tolerates it and I think on some level enjoys it.  It's affection in a jacked up sort of way.   I don't try to understand it I just try to make sure Luna does kill Mittens.  

No comments:

Post a Comment